We are seeking to appoint a resident scholar to join our organisation who combines a passion for Dawah and possesses organisational skills to develop our work. We are looking to the future, with a vision of renewing our mission as vibrant, Islam centred and responding effectively to the changing needs of British Muslims. This is a great opportunity to put your faith and scholarship into action.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- The development of the British Fatwa Council as a premier organisation for guiding the community in their religious affairs and offering solutions to new challenges.
- The work involves working with senior Muftis and associate muftis.
- Organising seminars for scholars on issues of Fiqh and contemporary issues.
- Overseeing the work of the New Muslim project and supporting the coordinator to deliver an effective programme.
- Coordinating and teaching on our Alim course and teenager’s classes.
- Graduate in Islamic sciences
- Passionate about Dawah and education of Islam in Britain
- Practising Islam wholeheartedly with love and sincerity
- Adherence to traditional values of respect and deference
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Organisational skills of managing others
- Excellent communication skills including giving sermons and talks
£28,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience) – Accommodation provided.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: As an organisation, we have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.