Radio Station Manager
We are seeking a station manager who is focused on developing Radio programming, promoting Radio Dawn’s innovative services to the Muslim community and the wider communities, and coordinating volunteers and presenters by developing their broadcasting skills.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Developing Radio Programming
- Organise public events and engagements for all communities on different occasions.
- Supervise at least 5 shifts of 5hrs each per week (Including 2 Shifts on the weekends) as a shift in charge.
- Support the marketing and promotion plans of each deal through creative solutions internally and externally.
- Maintain Radios Website at a high standard.
Promoting Radio Dawn
- Represent Radio Dawn to the highest standards of professionalism and efficiency to all clients and customers by demonstrating a thorough understanding and strategic viewpoint of community radio that Radio Dawn can offer to existing and potential advertisers.
Coordinating volunteers and presenters
- Work and support volunteer presenters of English programmes to develop their skills and make efforts to search for new young volunteers to work in Radio on a voluntary basis.
- Enable shadowing opportunities to volunteer when presenting to clients and customers.
- Maintain a strong profile and excellent customer relationships so that Radio Dawn has the right image across Nottinghamshire by offering an unrivalled level of customer service that will leverage greater revenue from clients.
- Organise training and workshops for the volunteers of Radio Dawn.
To deliver on these objectives and fulfil the job role the following core competencies must be mastered and consistently demonstrated:
- To have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to calls, meetings, presentations and clients and represent Radio Dawn in a professional manner at all times
- To demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness
- To deliver the highest level of professionalism to clients and colleagues
- To demonstrate a proactive attitude and awareness of commercial activity that can be channelled to developing new revenue streams
- To deliver all reports and administrative responsibilities as directed by the CEO
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of the principles and techniques of consultative, creative and solution-driven selling
- To maximise revenues across the organisation through account planning and management
- To demonstrate a clear capability to deal with advertising agencies
- To develop deep client relationships at all levels and so show a capability to present in a variety of formats to both agencies and clients
- To attend and positively contribute to all learning and development initiatives that you attend and work hard to implement the action points you have learned
Support and supervision
You will be supported in your role by the umbrella organisation and CEO who will ensure that you receive:
- Regular support/supervision, appraisals
- Learning and Development Plan that will be constructed with you on a 6 monthly basis
- Coaching before and after any training to help you implement the techniques you learn
- Regular feedback on your performance highlighting areas of strength and opportunities to grow and develop
- Support in the field on client meetings, dealings with the network of relationships across the county and events
- Coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training
To deliver on these objectives and fulfil the job role you need to have mastered and consistently demonstrate the following core competencies:
Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of community radio stations
- Excellent knowledge of the Quran, Hadith and Sunnah
- Proven experience in media including media solutions
- Online advertising and direct marketing experience
- Experience in generating new business streams within an advertising environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent relationships building skills at all levels of a business
- Effective communication skills including excellent presentation skills, a confident telephone manner
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Good understanding of marketing
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Comprehensive Microsoft office experience, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Passion and awareness of Radio Dawn’s community development work
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Experience in delivering live programmes
- Experience working with a diverse community base and youth
- Qualified to degree level or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Have the right to work in UK or British passport without restriction on employment
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per year (depending on experience)
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: As an organisation, we have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.