Nottingham: Tier 3 – What does it mean?
People in Nottingham will face new Tier 3 rules that will come into place after the second national lockdown ends. The rules briefly are as follows:
- No mixing of households indoors or private gardens, unless in a support bubble. Rule of 6 in outside public places only.
- Restaurants closed. Only takeaways, drive-throughs and delivery services open.
- Avoid travelling outside your area unless it is necessary (work/education).
- Sport and exercise classes can take place outdoors only. Avoid higher-risk contact activity.
- Gyms and indoor leisure centres can open.
- Places of worship can open. Interacting with people outside your household or support bubble there is not allowed.
So what does this mean for us:
- Jamat Prayers and Jummah. Alhamdulillah, Masjids can reopen for congregational worship. Hence Jummah & Jamat prayers will resume from Wednesday the 2nd of December.
- After salah Dars/Lesson, which follows the Jamat prayer is permitted as long as social distancing rules are followed.
- Groups of more than 6 people should not interact with each other.
- Masjids can facilitate funerals for up to 30 participants with social distancing.
- Nikah ceremonies will be allowed to take place for a maximum of 15 people.
- Quran classes may resume on-site teaching. Students in a specific class will be required to form a “bubble” and each bubble should not interact with any other bubble.
The above guidance is based on the current guidelines published on 26th November. Please click HERE for the complete government guidelines.