How can we make payment of Zakah more valuable today?
By Dr. Muhammed Munir, translated and revised by Dr Musharraf Hussain Al Azhari.
- Can the employees in an organisation receive their salaries from zakah?
- Can zakah be paid to an organisation where Muslim and non-Muslim students are studying or training?
- Can zakah be paid to non-Muslims?
- Can zakah be used for the management and the up keep of such premises?
The key verse about the Zakah is “Zakah is for the poor, the needy, those who administer them, those whose hearts need winning over, to free slaves and help those in debt, for God’s cause, and for travellers in this is ordained by God; God is all knowing and Wise” (tauba; 60).
The Divine philosophy that permeates all Islamic rulings is one of kindness and mercy, the famous verse of the Quran outlined the eight categories of people who are legible to receive zakah payments. I will begin with question three and four. Allah has made Islam the religion of nature, so that man can easily apply it in his daily life. God says “God does not burden anyone except what they are capable of”. (To read the full article click here)
MAM Fundraising Iftaar Dinner
Nottingham Cultural Festival 23
- Ramadan Toolkit 7th March 2023
- Ramadan Timetable 2023 28th February 2023
- Condemnation of burning Quran 25th January 2023