Family Tarbiya Retreat is back!
We’re delighted to inform you that the annual Family Tarbiya Retreat is back! This year from Friday 25th August to Monday 28th August 2023 taking place at the Hollowford Centre in Derbyshire.
See the poster for more information or click HERE to book.
Why do we hold the Family Tarbiya Retreat?
We hold the Family Tarbiyya Retreat so that like-minded people can get away from their usual daily chores, to relax and enjoy the countryside. It’s an opportunity for spiritual development and provides children of all ages with diverse activities to develop their confidence, teamwork and communication skills. This retreat also gives you the opportunity to meet other people and create a network of families.
What is Tarbiya?
Tarbiya means training and learning Islamic manners, morals and education. The retreat is open to all families who are keen to develop life skills and deeper moral and spiritual knowledge.
What are the aims of the Family Tarbiya Retreat?
The aims are:
- To develop the five moral virtues of Honesty, Compassion, Justice, Patience and Humility.
- To provide an overall Islamic environment where moral and spiritual values are practised and lived by.
- To develop a spirit of teamwork through the serving of others.
- To provide an opportunity for both education, recreation and spend quality time with family and friends.
What are the activities at the Family Tarbiya retreat?
- Group recitation of Surah Yaseen (with translation) and Hizbul Bahar Dua after Fajr salah, ending with ishraq prayer
- All Salah prayed in a congregation and 15 mins of Dhikr before Maghrib.
- A range of workshops and presentations on leadership, Islamic lifestyle and society.
- Daily debates that create an energetic and passionate atmosphere as well as wonderful entertainment.
- Sumptuous BBQ
We arrange separate classes for children during the morning, including:
- Junior classes for 5-10 year-olds
- Senior classes for 11-15 year-olds
Recreational activities include:
This is an important part of the retreat where children of all ages are encouraged to partake in professionally organised activities by qualified staff. The activities are designed to educate, excite, inspire, test and reward in an outdoor setting that can challenge, motivate, exploit potential and change lives! Recreational activities in previous years included:
- Zip wire
- Rock climbing
- Raft building
- Llama trekking
Following the pandemic, this is a great opportunity for us all to have a relaxing and spiritual getaway break. We can assure you that previous retreats have been a huge success and you will have a brilliant time!
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Overcoming Adversity: Ustaz Mizi Wahid’s Inspirational Tour 28th November 2023
- Overcoming Adversity Lecture Series 14th November 2023
- Response to the Ongoing Crisis in Palestine 15th October 2023