Eid-ul-Fitr 2020 in Lockdown
Due to the current social distancing measures in place, it is not possible for us to gather to perform the Eid prayer under the government guidelines. Therefore, our scholars have suggested that we should perform 4 units Salat ad-Duha at home individually. According to the Hanafi opinion, it is disliked to pray Eid prayer at home.
Salat ad-Duha prayer is not compulsory, rather it is recommended and has many benefits. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whosoever prays 12 units of Duha prayer, Allah will build a castle for him in Paradise” (Tirmidhi).
How to perform the Duha prayer:
It consists of a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 units. It may be prayed in sets of 2 or sets of 4 units. The method of prayer is the same as any 2 or 4 units of Nafl prayer. The additional Takbir (Allahu Akbar and raising the hands), which is done in Eid prayer, will not be done in Duha prayer. The time for Duha prayer begins 20 minutes after sunrise and lasts until midday (Zawal time).
Sunnah acts to perform on Eid day:
- Clipping of the nails
- Having a bath (Ghusl)
- Using a miswak
- Wearing new or best clothes
- Applying perfume
- Eating something sweet, such as dates (odd number)
- Giving the Sadaqatul Fitr (before Eid prayer) – £4 per person
- Reading the following Takbeer (before prayer)
اَللهُ اَكْبَرُ– اَللهُ اَكْبَرُ– اَللهُ اَكْبَرُ
لآاِلَهَ اِلاَّاللهٌ وَاللهُ اَكْبَرُاَللهُ اَكْبَرُاَللهُ اَكْبَرُ وَِللهِ الْحَمْدُ
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Overcoming Adversity: Ustaz Mizi Wahid’s Inspirational Tour 28th November 2023
- Overcoming Adversity Lecture Series 14th November 2023
- Response to the Ongoing Crisis in Palestine 15th October 2023