Masjid Opening Update
Our 3 Masjids in Nottingham (Forest Fields, Bobbersmill & Wollaton) will re-open insha-allah on Monday 15 June 2020.
The government announced that all places of worship can re-open for individual prayer from Monday 15 June. For Muslims, the main reason for praying in the masjid is to gain the benefit of Jama’at (congregational prayer). However, the masjid isn’t restricted to this only rather it serves as a hub for the community.
This is a phased opening for individual prayers only (no Jama’at will be held). We’re expecting the government to announce in the near future guidelines for resuming prayer in congregation and Jummah, until then we have set the following strict guidelines to follow when we reopen on 15 June (for individual prayers ONLY):
- Perform Wudu at home, the toilets & Wudu facilities will be out of bounds.
- Bring your own prayer mat (Musala), you won’t be allowed to enter without one.
- Stand 2 meters apart and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Wear a face mask if required.
- Disinfect your hands. Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance of the masjid.
- Do not shake hands or hug one another.
- Bring your own Quran if you want to sit & recite.
- If you are aged over 60, or classed as vulnerable or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home.
- Bring a clean reusable bag to put your shoes in and keep them with you (not in the shoe racks).
- There will be a one-way system within the masjid. The main entrance will be used for entry and another exit for leaving. There will be clear signage around the building.
- The masjid opening times will be from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm for Zuhr prayer and 7:00 pm until 10.30 pm for the remaining prayers.
These guidelines have been devised with your safety in mind. Please follow them respectfully so we can have a smooth opening and we look forward to a full opening insha-allah.
There are no upcoming events at this time.