As the Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for:
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and deliver a fundraising strategy that will be in line with the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Plan and review the fundraising strategy at regular intervals (monthly, quarterly and annually) with the Deputy CEO.
- Ensure all fundraising units within the organisation (communication, events, corporate partnership and major donors) are working in-line with the fundraising strategy to achieve the organisation’s agreed long term goals.
- Develop and improve the effectiveness of monitoring and coordination of fundraising across the organisation.
- Identify and develop strategies for new potential income streams to increase income.
Financial Planning and Budget Management:
- Regularly review fundraising annual budget to ensure it is in line with the organisation’s financial expectations and is achieving the income target.
- Develop monthly reports of fundraising activities and financial reports to evaluate against income targets.
Support to Senior Management:
- Support senior management in producing fundraising strategic plans and new policies for the future of Karimia Institute through analysis of the market trends.
- Prepare and present fundraising activities and financial reports to Deputy CEO, Senior Management and Board of Trustees on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Advise senior management on the availability of cash float and the viability of obtaining more funds to support the new or existing campaign initiatives.
- Attend finance meetings to report and give input on fundraising matters.
- Work with senior management and ensure Karimia Institute fundraising policies and practices are in line with the Fundraising Regulator (FR) and legislation including data protection and GDPR.
- Provide strong leadership and management of the Fundraising Team to achieve annual fundraising income targets.
- Keep up to date and comply with current Fundraising regulators and charity commission standards.
- Lead, develop and implement new fundraising ideas to raise awareness of campaigns to attract new supporters and increase net income.
- To develop and deepen existing and new donor relationships in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
- Work closely with the senior management and other departments to increase the profile and enhance the reputation of the organisation.
- Oversee and develop effective, high-quality communication through all relevant networks channels (print, broadcast, outdoor, online and social media) to successfully promote fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee and ensure the production of all media contents including broadcasting, online channels and public events.
- Grow Karimia Institute brand awareness through innovative ideas with the digital marketing team to broadcast, media, community and sponsored events.
- Review all communication material from design to production to ensure they have a consistent branding and coherent message for all internal and external correspondence.
- Work closely with the operations team to generate and maximise the use of reports and case studies to use for fundraising campaigns and provide supporters with feedback.
- Develop and implement an effective schedule to provide regular feedback to all the supporters especially during special events e.g. Ramadan, milad, hajj etc.
- Liaise with the web team to support brand growth, raise awareness, engage supporters and drive a high quality service.
- Proactively identify digital innovation and growth opportunities to increase net income.
- Oversee and ensure to deliver excellent customer service to all the existing and prospective supporters.
- Ensure that the organisation maintains effective communications and good relations with our supporters and stakeholders.
- Oversee planning of events and deliver new activities which maximise public participation and engage different communities to attract new supporters and raise net income.
- Attend networking events to present the organisation to prospective donors, funders and networks to secure new supports.
- Oversee and expand engagement with volunteers, Masajid, Community groups and individuals.
- Actively seek institutional fundraising.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination between all fundraising team members and units.
- In future, once the team has been developed to conduct regular performance reviews to ensure teams are achieving their targets on a regular basis, through one to one line management and department reviews.
- Ensure fundraising staff are well trained and follow all policies and procedures of the department.
- Plan and implement continuous professional development workshops for team members to gain and learn relevant skills.
- Provide regular feedback, training, and support throughout the year to create a capable and highly motivated workforce.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by the line manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: As an organisation, we have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.