Finance and Accounts Manager
- Temporary (12 month contract initially)
- Part-Time (15 hours per week)
We are looking for a keen, enthusiastic and highly motivated Finance and Accounts Manager based in Nottingham. Here you will join an office as part of the team providing financial guidance to the organisation.
- You will support the Senior Management Team on all financial and accounts matters including month-end processes.
- You will be expected to work closely with individual Masjids, Imams, other internal departments including Nursery, Radio, Publishing, Quran schools and Youth work.
- You will prepare timely, accurate monthly Management Accounts and other Financial Information for the Senior Management Team.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of all financial reports.
- You will also prepare a full reconciliation schedule summarising the reconciliations.
- You will help to ensure financial and transactional data held within the systems are accurate.
- You may also be required to work closely with various other key stakeholders and/or the management team on ad-hoc financial/accounting projects.
- You will be processing all day-to-day financial transactions and authorising payments online.
- You will be required to support the organisation with Fundraising from time to time.
You will have prior experience of Finance and basic Accounts, ideally in a Not for Profit organisation. Key experience/skills required include:
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts
- Financial reports for the Senior Management Team.
- Financial data sanity checks
- Processing transactions on a daily basis
- Process day-to-day financial transactions
- Authorising payments online
- Preparing written reports on financials and accounts
- Assist in developing budgets and forecasts for Karimia’s departments
- Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
- Demonstrate problem-solving & analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task, as well as a willingness to not only support but get involved as an individual contributor
- Up-to-date technical skills and knowledge of preparing UK statutory accounts
- The ability to work closely with external advisers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you will need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and the Charity SOPR 2015.
- Regular attendance of training and courses for Continued Professional Development and bring newly gained skills into the role.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time by the Senior Management Team.
Salary: £30,000 (pro-rata)
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: As an organisation, we have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the organisation verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
There are no upcoming events at this time.