- This event has passed.
The Higher Objectives of Islamic Jurisprudence
3rd October 2021 @ 10:30 am - 6:00 pmFree
Maqasid al-Shari’ah – Based on the book of Imam Shatibi (AL MUWAFAQAT)
One day course on Sunday 3rd October 2021 (10:30 am to 6:00 pm).
Online via Zoom
Target Audience: Imams, students of Deen, Teachers, Youth Leaders
- Dr Musharraf Hussain Al-Azhari, OBE, DL (CEO of Karimia Institute, UK)
- Dr Abd el Moghis Basir (Director of Islamic Research Center, Morocco)
- Dr Mustafa Baig (University of Exeter, UK)
- Dr Manzarul-Islam Al-Azhari (USA)
- Dr Hafiz M Munir Al-Azhari (British Fatwa Council, UK)
- Dr Amjad Aziz Al-Azhari (Director of Dawah, Karimia Institute)
Objectives of the Course:
To introduce the Maqasid al-Shari’ah as an important subject of jurisprudence. To understand why scholars sometimes differ in their answers to some common questions.
- Introduction to the Higher Intents (Maqasid) of Shari’ah
- The levels and classification of Maqasid
- When the letter and spirit of the law appear to clash
- The ethics of disagreement in Islam
- Muslim unity, diversity of interpretations, and the grand mission of Islam
Click HERE to register.
- 3rd October 2021
- 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Dr Munir Al Azhari